Lunch at S. Egidio

Monday, June 23, 2014

Imagine being able to go to Italy...without actually having to go to Italy. Sounds nice, right? Well that's exactly how I felt when I had lunch at S. Egidio last week. This new Italian restaurant that opened up 2 weeks ago in Ridgewood, New Jersey is Italy away from Italy. After visiting the magnificent country last summer and eating the best food, I thought it would be hard to find delicious tasting pizza across the ocean. But I was wrong! After eating at this restaurant, it's safe to say that the pizza here is better than that in Italy! The rustic feel, the Italian-from-Italy waiters and the brick oven pizza made me feel like I was in the heart of Florence...again. If you don't live near Ridgewood, I definitely recommend a visit the next time you're in NYC (30 minute ride) but if not, try to get the delicious taste and feel from the pictures below!


(half of) the menu


The Melina salad (spinach, green apple, virgin olive oil & lemon)


Prosciutto on Italian bread


Margherita Pizze


Here's their Yelp link -- http://www.yelp.com/biz/s-egidio-ridgewood
Here's their Instagram link -- instagram.com/segidio
Enjoy!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© The Golden Flick 2014. Powered by Blogger.