Out With The Old, In With The New

Monday, August 29, 2016







I raided my grandmothers' closet last week and discovered really cool statement pieces that are all timeless, unique and trendy. I specifically found an outdated maxi dress that cut off at an awkward length but I was obsessed with the soothing color scheme and its cool floral print. So, I decided to cut it and make it into a shorter dress and with the excess fabric, I created a strapless blouse and attached a suede tie in the back to add something sexy yet classy to it. 

Finding old clothes and creating something new with it is something I love to do. No one else has this top, it's comfortable, it's dressy, it's flattering and it's seductive without being too showy. Although a garment may look weird at first, try imagining something different with it. Cut it, add fringes, make it distressed, dye it, paint on it - the possibilities are endless! Raid through your mom's closet, go thrifting or pick out old pieces from your wardrobe and do something dope with it!


Strapless blouse similiar here | COS necklace | Steve Madden boots | 3.1 Phillip Lim bag




SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© The Golden Flick 2014. Powered by Blogger.